Sunday 22 January 2012

Oh Oh What A Feeling, When You're Dancing On The Table!












Arpette night. What can I say? Where should I start? Where CAN I start??? I'll try here...........

It was Nick's birthday so in order to celebrate, Robyn organised a gaggle of us to get together to hit the Arpette Bar and eat some food, have some drinks and do a little dancing. All of those things happened with rather hilarious consequences! We had all pre-ordered our food which could have been either a fondue, raclette or hot rock. There were 20 of us in total and not ONE person ordered fondue. We were definitely all still full from it the Friday before! I went for the hot rock which was an excellent choice as I just couldn't face any more cheese. Only burnt my finger twice which I was impressed with. Included with our meal was a bottle of wine EACH which definitely brought a smile to our faces. After we'd stuffed our faces it was time to move into the other room where the disco was to begin...........

Now, at the Arpette Bar, it is perfectly acceptable to stand on their tables and dance around like an idiot - and that we all did very well indeed! It was even socially acceptable for the boys to take their shirts off - so that they did! I took a horrendous amount of photo's of the boys with their kit off (can you really blame me?!?!) but I put a few of the PC ones on here as to not offend any faint hearted readers! After plying us with obscene amounts of alcohol and knackering us out with all the dancing, it was time to make it down to Bar King Mad for more drinks and debauchery. Only thing is, the bar is on the piste so the only way down is to snowboard or ski...........

In lies the next problem! We were all very merry and had to 'buddy up' as to not lose anyone. Now Mum, if you're reading this, don't worry there were 'mountain police' there to help out if anything untoward happened but we all gave it a good shot! We proceeded down the mountain with a lot of cries of  "HEY BUDDY!" so we all knew where we were at but we all made it in one piece. It was a rocky start as you can see from the pics above but it was a sweet relief to make it back alive - it's very dark out there at night time you know!

After drinking more of the night away at Bar King Mad, it was time to retire to The Loft where a wonderful present was waiting for me - my brand new Salomander snowboard!! I was pretty chuffed it has to be said. Great way to end my most epic night in France so far! Here's to many more........

No comments:

Post a Comment