Friday 2 August 2013

The Mammouth Mission to Melbourne Tour












The moment had finally arrived after months and MONTHS of talking and planning......we finally hit the road to head to Melbourne to start our new lives together. Elliot and I had looked long and hard at a map to pick our route from Bundaberg, QLD to Melbourne, VIC and we decided on the shortest and quickest route. This went via Goondiwindi, Dubbo and Albury. We averaged about 6 hours a day and we were impressed by the car and how well it held up considering it was basically touching the floor as it was full of all our cra......precious belongings. Jet lag was still hitting home for the first night where I was fast asleep by 5pm and up bright and early at 4am! This meant an early start for day two so stopped at the truck stop and had an obligatory truckers breakie! Quite an impressive start to the day!

I was kept entertained by trying to pronounce the place names along the way - see how you go with the one above! Elliot kept telling me I was over pronouncing it but I guess that's the English way, I've not quite got the hang of the Aussie abbreviations yet.....

When we got to the home straight it all started to become more real. I couldn't believe that we were going to finally be in Melbourne! We're staying with my cousin's Lee and Julie until we get ourselves sorted and settled which we're hoping won't take too long. To all our friends and family out there, we're doing great and loving being here, it was definitely the best decision.

I promise to keep the posts coming. Back in the land of technology!

1 comment:

  1. Thats an awesome blog Jo!!
    Thanks for sharing your trip.
    Am really happy for U & ElliotXx

    ReplyDelete